The SALT central team are an experienced team of local professionals that currently provide payroll, HR, financial, facilities and administrative support to the academies within the Trust.
Our qualified team (CIMA, CIPP, CIPD), offer an established and professional service that is flexible.
Our professional service ensures payroll is compliant with HMRC legislation, all pension schemes rules and current employment law, interpreted and processed with an expert knowledge of the burgundy and green book.
Delivered with a proactive and responsive approach, specific to individual requirements to create a comprehensive payroll solution tailored to organisational needs.
The importance of good practice in HR is not just about ensuring compliance with legislation, an integrated HR service can also ensure that we get the most out of all our staff and make us the education employer of choice in Hull.
We offer advice and assistance on matters affecting employment, with practical policies and strategies which reflect the needs of each academy and the strategic aims of the Trust such as: HR Metrics and reporting to LGCs and the Board of Trustees, recruitment, absence, disciplinary/grievance/capability cases, performance management, staff records, maternity/paternity, staff policies/procedures, FOI requests
- Take monthly reports and prepare management accounts
- Take quarterly reports and make VAT returns
- Provide support and regularly budgeting assistance
- Provide training and support to Business Managers
- Assist with reports for local committees
- Assist with annual budget formulation
- Ensure all funding from EFA is correct and received in a timely manner
- Manage all cash flow
- Manage all investments
- Set programme of internal audit, review and act upon the findings
- Set programme of external audit and facilitate
- Manage all payroll
- Make all payroll related payments
- Administrate two pension schemes
- Be the group lead on data management
- Ensure compliance in respect to legal, EFA and SALT requirements
- Seek best value across all Academies
- Undertake regular reviews of contracts and services to reduce costs
SALT offers the following:
- Full responsibility for the management and implementation of H&S across the Trust
- General support for facilities management and capital project works – the level of support is down to the individual establishment’s requirement and is to be arranged on a needs basis
- To provide assistance in formulating rolling maintenance and building repairs.
- SEN administration support for EHCP plans;
- Secretarial support provided to the Trust/Directors;
- Experience of academisation;
- Legal support available;
- Admissions/appeals support.
Media and Marketing
- Photography: Photos at key events, High Res images for school use;
- Design: Logos, Branding, Signage, Banners, Prospectuses, Event posters, Sports Kits & Logos, Presentation resources;
- Video: School promotional video;
- Social Media: Graphics and general support.
“Staff talk about being part of the school family and are proud to work there”
“Pupils described how well staff get to know them and how carefully staff listen to what they say”
“Teachers value the range of professional development opportunities which enable them to improve the quality of their teaching”
“Leaders and managers, including governors, are passionate about giving pupils the best opportunities for future success. Leaders have driven the improvements to the quality of education in this school with determination”
“Pupils’ excellent behaviour and good attendance reflect the school’s high expectations. Pupils are proud of their school and all that it stands for”
“A strong culture of safeguarding permeates the school. Pastoral staff know the pupils and their families well and provide very effective care and support. Pupils speak highly of the staff who keep them safe and say they are happy at school”
“Pupils grow and flourish in the caring ethos that underpins all that the school does. Parents and carers value the strong sense of community you encourage within the school’s very diverse cultural and social mix where everyone is treated with kindness and respect”
“Effective teaching in this school is characterised by teachers’ sound subject knowledge, backed up by a deep understanding of pupils’ different needs and the most effective approach to secure the best learning from each pupil”
“The development of pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural learning is
a strength of the school. The Christian ethos is very clear and embedded”
“Links to the local church and the school’s strong focus on social responsibility, tolerance and respect ensure that provision for pupils’ personal development, welfare, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding”