The Sentamu Academy Learning Trust (SALT) is a Company limited by guarantee and a Charitable Trust. Responsibility for the academies that make up the Trust and for the funds granted by Parliament for providing education in those academies is entrusted to the Board of Trustees.
The Board of Trustees has the following three core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the academies, their pupils and the performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Trust and make sure its money is well spent.
The Trustees retain authority and responsibility for:
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and Acts of Parliament which govern the operations of the academies;
- Preparation, approval and review as appropriate of the terms of reference and operating policies under which each academy is governed and managed;
- Approval of the Trust’s annual report and accounts.
Trustee Link School:
Peter Duffield & Alison Smith
Archbishop Sentamu Academy
Newland St John’s Academy and St James’ Academy
Aspire Academy and The Compass Academy
Safeguarding – Aspire Academy and The Compass Academy